Maryland Maritime Archeology Program
Request for Proposals
Posting Date: January 22, 2010
Proposals Due: February 26, 2010
Miriam Hensley, Procurement Officer
Maryland Historical Trust
100 Community Place
Crownsville, MD 21032
The Maryland Historical Trust, Maryland Department of Planning has been awarded a grant from the American Battlefield Protection Program (ABPP) of the National Park Service (Grant GA-2244-09-015). The purpose of this grant is to undertake battleground analyses related to six maritime actions/naval engagements of the Revolutionary War and War of 1812 in Maryland.
We are inviting interested parties to submit a proposal to undertake the KOCOA research, documentation, creation of relevant GIS maps for these six sites, and the preparation of one National Register (NR) nomination (see RFP Scope of Work for specifics).
The other parts of this project, which will be carried out by Maryland Historical Trust staff, will focus on electronic remote sensing survey, and evaluation of the resulting data relevant to determine the loci and extent of these engagements and where possible evaluate their eligibility for inclusion in the National Register of Historic Places. Information provided by the consultant selected during this RFP will be used to help delineate survey areas and provide background information relevant for site evaluation
Each proposal must contain, but not be limited to the following:
- Methodology for undertaking the project
- Project schedule (see Scope of Work for deadlines)
- Cost for Services
- Examples or descriptions of similar planning projects demonstrating experience in KOCOA research and analysis of War of 1812 and Revolutionary War sites in the Mid-Atlantic Region, and demonstrated experience in utilizing KOCOA analysis for planning archeological surveys
- Examples or descriptions of similar planning projects accomplished by your firm involving the preparation and submission of National Register of Historic Places nominations
- A Resume for each member of your firm who will be involved in the project demonstrating that they meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Standards for a Historian
- Any other information that you may deem pertinent to your proposal and that would prove useful to the review process.
No proposal will be received after 4:30 pm, February 26, 2010.
This page updated: January 22, 2010