The first efforts to erect roadside markers in Maryland occurred from 1930-1933 in Harford and Cecil counties along the Philadelphia Road through the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) program of marking the old post roads. Featuring a coach and four horses, six of the original cast iron markers still stand. A 1985 cast aluminum replacement marker stands in Havre de Grace:
Copyright © 2003-2014, Maryland Historical Trust
About the Historical Markers Web Site
administered by the Maryland State Highway Administration, supported data development for this project.